Food Safety in Catering (Level 2) – IASF4274
Course Name : Food Safety In Catering (Level 2)
Course REF: IASF4274
The food safety in catering award is designed for food handlers working in a food environment such as:
- A Pub
- Restaurant & Bar
A food handler is generally considered anyone who handles and prepares raw & cooked food which is to be served to the public.
The course will cover the important areas all food handlers should be aware of when working with food.
No previous qualifications are necessary for this award.
A good understanding of food types is recommended.
Previous working experience in Hospitality and professional kitchens highly recommended.
- English Language/communication skills are essential for this course. we are unable to offer other language formats at this time.
- Hand written word required for Examination – (Alternative measures can be made available if requested)
Course Length :
8 Hours (3 x 2 hour training sessions + 45 minutes for Exam + Break/Lunch)
Validation Method :
Examination by Written Answer & Multiple Choice questions
PASS – 75%
MERIT – 82%
DISTINCTION – 90%
Course Price: £75.00 Per Learner
(In house training: £35.00)
Other costs are not included in the course price (E.G room rates & travel costs)
- Module 1 : Introduction / What does food safety mean?
- Module 2 : Personal Hygiene
- Module 3: Contamination Types
- Module 3.1 : Bacteria
- Module 3.2 : Physical
- Module 3.3 : Chemical
- Module 3.4 : Allergenic
Break (20 Minutes)
- Module 4 : Cross Contamination
- Module 5 : Safe Preparation
- Module 6 : Storage of food
Lunch Break (1 Hour)
- Module 7 : Cooking & Reheating of food
- Module 8 : Cooling of food
- Module 9: Cleaning
- Module 10 : Pest’s in the kitchen
- Module 11 : What the law says
Final Break + Revision (20 Minutes)